onemillioncan

Monday, September 27, 2010

Life Goes On...

So if my life here in CT is suppose to be the setting of a novel....I'd advise everyone that this is going to be the most boring novel you have ever read lol. Sorry. Now, don't get be wrong, there is nothing wrong with my life here, except that it's pretty boring. My days consist of sleeping in, watching movies and tv on my laptop (they don't get any tv channels at all), getting ready and going to work, working for around 5-8 hours, coming home and watching more tv or movies on my laptop, and going to bed and doing it all over again the next day. And the next day. And the next. So yeah, really really boring novel. Sorry guys.

I've been spending the weekends at my grandparents house in Mendon, MA and working on sewing projects with my Gramma. I've gotten a pretty good head start on some Christmas gifts and not I'm tackling a huge, grueling project. Crochet. I'd forgotten how bad I am at crocheting until last night where I attempted to relearn. Grams had bought me a "Learn To" book, a hook and some yarn and I sat down and starting following the directions. It didn't work. If you know anything about crocheting you know that after you make your base chain, you then have to make stitches into the base. I fail at that. I can't tell where one chain starts and the other ends and which chain I've already went through and which one is the next one, and it just turns into a big mess. Unfortunately, I've gotten it into my head that I want to make an afghan, so I guess I'll have to keep at it. Maybe it's because I'm left handed and the directions aren't is the reason I'm messing up? I dunno.

Other interesting facts you should now. Did you know know that when the oil light flashes on a Volkswagen Jetta and you hear a beeping noise it means you are REALLY REALLY out of oil (as in it doesn't even read on the dip stick)? Did you know that said Jetta takes 5W-40 oil but if you don't have any of that available (because most places don't carry it) you can use 5W-30 instead? Also, did you know that the lever to pop the hood of said Jetta is camouflaged to look exactly like the interior so that you can't find it and is actually on the left side under the steering wheel by the door? I learned all of this on my way home last night. I ended up having to pull into a gas station, call my dad, and read through the owners manual in the glove box to A. figure out how to pop the stupid hood and B. figure out what type of oil I needed to buy. I would like to now proudly tell you I have checked a car's oil and added more all by myself.....with my dad making fun of me on the phone the entire time. So if anyone ever needs to check their oil in a Jetta, I know how.

No comments: