onemillioncan

Monday, December 8, 2008

Congratulations! You have been accepted into Cherokee's Volunteer Program - Ethiopia

4 days ago I received an email informing me that I had been officially accepted into Cherokee's volunteer program in Ethiopia. This means that for a month this summer I will get to live in Cherokee's house in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and they will hook me up with different orphanages there for me to work in.

If you want to know more about Cherokee Gives Back, the non-profit organization I will be traveling under go to http://www.cherokeegivesback.org/

I felt led to go work in orphanages in Ethiopia after hearing stories of the amazing children there and the terrible conditions they live in from a family friend Ms. Eileen. You can read about her and her family's amazing adventure in Ethiopia and their incredible adoption story on her blog Job's Daughters.

I hope to use this blog to keep everyone praying and supporting me on my journey updated on what is happening.

Unfortunately it's almost finals week here at school and everything is hectic. So this measly post is going to have to do for now until I have more time.

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yay!!!! Sarah has a blog! Hope you write more than your brother....

Sharon said...

Hi, my name is Sharon. I found your blog link on Job's Daughters, what a great story she has. I am so happy that I found it. What a great thing that you have volonteered to do. I hope one day to also vollonteer to work for orpahns as well. Feel free to look at my blog and leave comments if you would like. Please keep us updated on your journey and I hope to get to know you a little better through your blog. I will be praying for you. What kind of orphanages are you going to be with during your trip?