onemillioncan

Sunday, May 24, 2009

1 Week and Counting!

Can you believe it? I leave in exactly one week for Ethiopia!!! I have raised all the money I need, I have bought my plane ticket and gotten all my shots, all my paperwork is in order, and now all I have to do is pack (which is actually a lot harder and stressful then it sounds). As of right now, I'll have a carry on and then I'm checking one bag with my stuff in it and then also checking another bag that will be predominately supplies for the school I will be working at. I know some of you have read the list of supplies I had posted and have been collecting items for me and I very much appreciate it. If I could get those items ASAP that would be great and take some of the stress off me as I try to pack. You can either drop the stuff off at my house or let me know if I need to come pick them up somewhere. Just drop me or my mom and email to let us know.

The plan is to be updating this blog as I am in Ethiopia (there is dial up internet at the house I am staying at), but I have no idea what my schedule will be like when I get there so I will do the best I can. If much doesn't get posted while I'm there, I'll be sure to post everything once I get home.

Well, that's it I guess! My next post will hopefully be from Ethiopia! Please keep my in your prayers as I am about to step WAY outside my comfort zone into the unknown where only God will be able to get me through.

1 comment:

Enjoying Life Together said...

Well, if I had paid closer attention to the date on this post we could have cleared the confusion of your departure date a little sooner. Hope your flight wasn't toooooooooo long! :)