onemillioncan

Sunday, May 31, 2009

On My Way

Blog Post:
May 30, 2009 (Saturday)
Dullas Int'l Airport- Washington D.C

So I'm on my way! My plane for Ethiopia leaves in about 3 hours, but my adventure actually started yesterday when Sabrina Freeland, my travel agent who is also a friend of my mom's, called. You see, my mom and I were under the impression that I wasn't leaving until Sunday, May 31st , until Mrs. Freeland called around noom on the 29th asking if I was ready for my flight the next day. Mom and I looked at each other and said "Tomorrow?" at which point I flew over to my bag and lo and behold it said May 30th and not May 31st!! How we mixed that up.....I'm not sure. Mind you, Mom had also looked at my ticket multiple times and did not catch the right date either. So after panicking for about 20 minutes, the rest of Friday was spent running around getting the last few things I needed and figuring out how to pack everything into 2 suitcases and a carry-on! The scene from Gilmore Girls where Lorelai and Rory get back from backpacking around Europe and think they have a week before Rory heads off to Yale, but find out she leaves in 2 days kept running through my mind. But it all worked out and I was ready to get on the plane by Saturday afternoon. I believe the whole situation was just another sign from God that he wants me in Ethiopia. If Mrs. Freeland had not called to check on me I would have shown up at the airport on Sunday May 31st and would have missed my flight. My God is truly an amazing God!

No comments: