onemillioncan

Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 9: It's Getting Easier


June 9, 2009

Tuesday


“The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. But the man who loves God is known by God.”

1 Corinthians 8:2-3



It was a pretty uneventful day. Getting a mini-bus to Piazza was so much easier from the other spot I walked to. School today was pretty boring and uneventful. I had Sport at 9:15am (which is recess) and then nothing until 2:00pm when I had Sport again and then Ethics right after that. In Ethics I talked about the first five of the 10 Commandments and then also told the story of Daniel in the Lion’s Den. Lunch today at Kechene was injera and doro wat (chicken stew). I said I would like a little so that I could try it but they gave me a WHOLE LOT. I couldn’t finish it all and the teachers were making fun of me, telling me if I did not clean my plate that I would be punished (like the children are if they don’t eat all their food). I still couldn’t eat it all and I felt really bad for wasting their food.


No power today so we had dinner by candle light again at Cherokee House, and Asni had made this incredible meal of tacos with homemade chips with all the fixings and it was amazing. It was definitely my favorite meal thus far.


No comments: