onemillioncan

Friday, June 19, 2009

Full House at Cherokee

June 16, 2009

Tuesday


“So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind.”

1 Corinthians 14:15


Played with the kids at Kechene during sport and then sat and read the rest of the time. It started raining in the afternoon so I went and sat in the KG2 class to hang out and it was just pure chaos in there. Twenty some kids in a small room screaming and running and fighting and laughing and arguing can get pretty overwhelming pretty quickly, especially when the teacher steps out (because I am not seen as an authority figure AT ALL).


Four new girls got to Cherokee House today. I got to meet them after I got home and they got back from touring the city. One of them, named Caitlyn, is a friend of Rachel’s and goes to NCSU, and the other 3 girls are all friends and are 17 and will be seniors in high school in Greensboro. Their names are Mary Chambers, Katherine, and Kaley. Mary Chambers was here two summers ago with her sister, but this is the first time abroad for the other girls. There are now a TON of people living in this house. 14 people total. It’s pretty insane.



No comments: