onemillioncan

Friday, June 19, 2009

Math Teacher - Me???

June 17, 2009

Wednesday


“Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.”

1 Corinthians 15:58


Today I got to talk to Azart some about the school and he wants me to make math teaching aids to help the kids. Then during Grade1 math class I sat in the back and gave Sekrides some math problems to do while the class did their competition. JT was right about her being smart and quick as a whip. She only got 2 or 3 of the many problems I gave her wrong. Mekadas was also showing me math problems, so during lunch I made little math worksheets to give them but Amun, and Tirfe and a bunch of the other kids saw me doing them so I ended up making a lot more and handing them out. It turned out it was only a half day of school (which I didn’t know till the kids started to leave) because the teachers needed to work on making final exams for next week, so I headed back to Cherokee House and took a nap and a shower and read for a little while before everyone else got home.


Rachel had the 4 girls she works with at Gladney over for dinner, and it was taco night and soooo delicious. After dinner and our guests left, the rest of us sat around the living room in the dark (no power) talking.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is a resource you may find useful Magic Worksheet Creator.....